SOLVED using a logitech C510 webcam as a default microphone for windows 10 to talk with Cortana

Reaction score
I've upgraded 2 other computers (same vintage all HP) to Windows 10 and had no problem using the Cortana mic except this one. Is it because it's automatically using the webcam mic to allow me to do this on the other 2 I didn't have a problem with? I was thinking perhaps I can change my default mic to the webcam for this one. How can I do this? I couldn't find the webcam mic as an option in Device Mgr. I don't have a separate mic attached to any of my computers but Cortana mic works with one desktop and a laptop. This one I am having a problem with, is a desktop purchased at the same time.

Hopefully someone may have had this issue. I can type into Cortana but not using the mic icon it has available. It says it's having a problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello Jim and welcome to the forum.
Do you have all the most recent drivers installed on the problem computer, especially anything pertaining specifically to the webcam / microphone that you are attempting to use.
What do you have showing up in device manager? Any problems there?
What are you showing under recording devices as the default when you right click the speaker icon in the notification area?

Ask a Question