Logitech C910 Webcam Cannot be Seen

Reaction score
Webcam C910 Windows 10
I have a webcam C910 that works normally under Windows 7, but in same computer under Windows 10, it cannot be seen. I've tried its own software and a number of generic webcam software, none can see the webcam under Windows 10. OK under Windows 7, same computer, USB and webcam drivers installed for both. In Win10 Device Manager, the webcam is properly listed in USB as connected under port 12, drivers working OK. But under Other Devices, it is seen as "Unknown Device", Drivers not installed. Thoughts of others.

Reaction score

Yes, I did try that, which I downloaded off the Logitech site. Unfortunately, it's install gets no further than the Welcome. The in-line video displays a USB connection underway. As Windows 10 refuses to see the webcam, the install routine can go no further, so prematurely terminates. I've tried 3 USB ports on my computer (ASUS B85M-E motherboard), 2 off the MB (USB 2 and 3) and the other off an internal supplementary USB port card.(USB 2).

I have a C: drive caddy for two SSD drives, one loaded with Win10 Home Premium, the other with Win7 Home Premium. From time to time, I clone the Win 10 SSD drive to another SSD drive, for a backup. Of the 3 SSD drives, the Win 7 drive I use only to test certain software, it's not my main drive, but it is the one (Win7) that sees the webcam normally. No files on these drives, software only.

Reaction score
since you have tried all of your usb ports, Windows will probably tried to install the cam on all of them. I would suggest to go into the device manager and activate the 'hidden' devices. Uninstall everything that is greyed out in the imaging section and maybe as well in the usb section (see my example picture). after 'clearing' out everything plug the camera back in and let windows install the drivers. It may or may not work, can't make any promises...
2017-02-04_230123.jpg

Ask a Question