SOLVED No sound on my new Logitech Z200 speakers.

Reaction score
I bought some new speakers today (Logitech Z200), plugged them in and can't get them to work. I am running Windows 10 Pro on an Intel Core i73770K CPU @ 3.5GHz, 64bit Operating System, x64 based processor. I have updated sound drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled them and my computer still won't recognize the new speakers. Any ideas???

Reaction score
I'm not doubting your knowledge on sound systems. \But make sure the line is plugged into the rear "Speaker" jack usually green in color and the speakers are selected as default in the sound system settings.

Type "Sound in the search bar > sound > Playback >select Speakers HD Audio Device. It should also indicate that the speakers have been found.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Norton! I plugged the new speakers into the same port the old ones were in and assumed that was the right port. But as soon as I plugged into the green one- I have sound! Thanks so much!

Reaction score
Susan That's great!
If type "Sound" in the search box And click on the speaker icon you can set up your sound levels, Bass boost, Front speakers or surround sound, enhancements and test the sound quality under the advanced tab.

Reaction score
When I am writing this is January 16th 2020 and let me tell you why this is still relevant:

As everybody knows support for Windows 7 ended January 14th 2020 so I installed Windows,
however when I was all ready to go and was ready to go back to my Udemy classes on
Data Structures, Algorithms , Operating Systems I realized I had no sound.

I went to my laptop and did everything those tech gurus in YouTube said about it.

NOTHING.

Then I remembered that when I bought my speakers , Logitech z200 , back in 2016, I had to a little
bit of Control Panel maneuvering , the instructions were in the speaker's manual.

I threw the manual away 3 years ago , and it downed on me that
since I had erased all partitions , the instructions for the speakers along with my
cygwin drive and all programs had also been erased and just like all my programs
they had to be re-set.

That's how I came across this forum , then I read that there was a guy whose
PC has the exact same configuration as mine , the only change is that he had JUST
bought the exact same set of speakers I have had for 3 years and mine were
not working , I assumed , because I had to re-write the instructions I did 3 years
ago since I had had proof , for 3 years that they did work fine .

Then Norton , very kindly tells this fella : "Hey , don't meant to doubt your
knowledge of sound systems , but make sure it is connected on the green hole".

When I had windows 7 I had my speakers connected the blue hole.

Maybe it helped that I had already tried a cmd command and updated
drivers for my sound device but:

I plugged my logitech Z200 speakers on the green hole and voila , I have sound !

Just like the fella who had the same problem I had , I had assumed the same physical
set-up was going to keep working for the new OS , Windows 10 , not the case.

So , as January 16th 2020 , this issue is still relevant.

Happy Decade everyone !

Reaction score
Hello! I recently bought a set of Logitech z200 speakers from eBay (came with no manual though) for my Dell XPS 8930-7814BLK-PUS Tower Desktop (8th Gen Intel Core i7-8700 Processor, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Hard Drive + 16GB Intel Optane Memory, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060, Windows 10 Pro) and have NOT been able to get them to work once. I connected them to the wall and to the jack in the back of my I have a Dell CPU as stated in an online youtube video. The green light of the speaker turns on, and it putters as if expecting audio to come out, which gives me indication that it is working - but cannot figure out why no sound comes out. HELP!

I am NOT tech savvy, I am just an animator trying to get her lipsynch done without having to rely on clunky Bluetooth headphones to do so.

Ask a Question