Windows 10 sound auto adjust

Reaction score
I have a "bug" where sound will auto adjusts. i tried everything... and i mean EVERYTHING! It automatically install a sound driver what i think is the problem. In windows 7 i don't have this issue (with the driver in the picture). I have a Lenovo thinkpad T430
Untitled.png

Reaction score
I have a "bug" where sound will auto adjusts. i tried everything... and i mean EVERYTHING! It automatically install a sound driver what i think is the problem. In windows 7 i don't have this issue (with the driver in the picture). I have a Lenovo thinkpad T430
Untitled.png

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
i tried everything... and i mean EVERYTHING!
When someone suggests that they have literally "tried everything", I'm generally reluctant to attempt to contribute AND you haven't said, exactly what is happening with your "sound".
IS it going up or down, when it auto-adjusts.
Not sure if this would even apply to your issues, but.....

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
I want to specify that Comunication is already set to "Do nothing" but it keep acting like is still set to "Reduce the volume of other sounds by 80%"

Reaction score
Hi 10userr,

what other apps are running when the sound changes, do you have a telephone connected, music app in the background, any other app that utilizes sound?. ;)

Reaction score
Hi 10userr,

what other apps are running when the sound changes, do you have a telephone connected, music app in the background, any other app that utilizes sound?. ;)
No. When i play league of legends for example... It goes from ”barelly hear anything" to "let me down the volume a little bit" and back.... No pattern... Just random....

Reaction score
I just did a Bios update and other drivers on an 1803 system. For the first time, while on battery, I am seeing the sound start loud and slowly lower to normal levels.

I will be looking for a cause but possibly there is more than one volume control and they do not agree.. Or possibly, which may be my situation, the battery settings are having some effect.

If you are dual booting with Win 7, drivers might be held over between OSes and are not behaving in the other OS.

Reaction score
I just did a Bios update and other drivers on an 1803 system. For the first time, while on battery, I am seeing the sound start loud and slowly lower to normal levels.

I will be looking for a cause but possibly there is more than one volume control and they do not agree.. Or possibly, which may be my situation, the battery settings are having some effect.

If you are dual booting with Win 7, drivers might be held over between OSes and are not behaving in the other OS.
I have only Windows 10 installed. I don't play with dual booting and things like that. It's just weird because i saw a lot of people having the same issue but their fix was easy. I tried everything they did with no succes.

Reaction score
So being on or off battery makes no difference?

Are you checking the actual volume control number to make sure it is not moving? I have see a system where you clicked on the volume control and moving the mouse wheel would cause the volume to change.

There are App sound options which can set specific volume levels for selected apps..

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Can you please explain a little bit more about the problem? I'm not sure what you mean by "auto adjusts". Does the volume percentage change of it's own accord?

Ask a Question