SOLVED Webcam Driver Needed

Reaction score
I need an updated driver for my c260 Logitech Webcam that will works with Windows 10 Preview. I have the original cd but it will not install even in compatibility mode. Always tells me that it is incompatible with this windows version.

Michael

Reaction score
Trouble,
I must have a setting wrong somewhere. I now have the latest driver and Logitech Software. I can run the Logitech software and create a video or take a picture ok. But when I go into Skype I can see no video from my webcam. I can see others just fine. I took and reverted to the latest Windows 8 version which works better over-all but still no video from webcam. I have tried all compatibility modes to no avail.

Skype correctly identifies the Logitech c260 webcam but in the video settings of Skype I see no video.

Michael

Last edited:
Reaction score
Isn't that just a matter of checking a box or something in skype?
Give this a read and see if it helps
https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1267/webcam-video-troubleshooter

I suspect it is a setting in Skype, perhaps "permissions." I don't even see the webcam listed under options in the version downloaded from the Windows 10 store. I cannot find where to check for it since the charms are no longer there.

I can see the video and take pictures external to Skype such as the Logitech software or the Camera program from the Windows store.

Michael

Reaction score
The first thing you should probably do is bounce the app and get the "Skype For Windows Desktops" version from here
http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-windows/downloading/
and install that and then use the menu bar->tools->options->video settings
and see what's what.

Still does not show my webcam a possible selection. Actually, noting there at all.

I had done that yesterday and again today, most recently a few moments ago. When I look at the menu settings, at the top of the screen it correctly identifies my webcam ( Logitech c260 ) but in he box where I should see my picture It is always black with a circle going round and round. External programs display pictures and video's fine although sometimes jerky on video motion.

I really appreciate all of your help.

Michael

Update......... Now I'm really confused. I hooked up a old USB 1.1 hub between the webcam and my computer because I wondered if the USB port needed more power and low and behold the video now works even though as I understand the webcam is supposed to be a 2.0 USB devise. It even tells me when I plug the webcam in that I am plugging it into a 1.1 hub and that it may severely impact the devises performance. It is also strange that the jerkiness noted in other video capture programs is now gone.

I plugged it in again directly to the computer and no video again and the jerkiness is back in other applications is back. I put the old hub back and it is staying till I get a new one.

Michael

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good bit of trouble shooting. Glad you managed to sort it out.
You may want to try, just as an experiment..... Leaving the webcam plugged into the computer's usb port.... shut the computer down and then restart it with the camera in place.
See if that changes the behavior at all.

Reaction score
Good bit of trouble shooting. Glad you managed to sort it out.
You may want to try, just as an experiment..... Leaving the webcam plugged into the computer's usb port.... shut the computer down and then restart it with the camera in place.
See if that changes the behavior at all.

Tried that several times. Still having Skype problems though. Even though I can now see the video when I try to send or receive I get an error that simply says "Problem with recording device" and hangs up after 2 rings when attempting to call someone and about the same when someone tries to call me. I am assuming that this may be a sound setting perhaps since I get the same error when using the echo sound test.

Michael

Reaction score
Tried that several times. Still having Skype problems though. Even though I can now see the video when I try to send or receive I get an error that simply says "Problem with recording device" and hangs up after 2 rings when attempting to call someone and about the same when someone tries to call me. I am assuming that this may be a sound setting perhaps since I get the same error when using the echo sound test.

Michael

Update:
I may of gotten it working. Actually to late to try calling anyone but the Echo Back now works. I found the wrong playback device on the Microphone setup under Control Panel. The wrong playback device was set. Changed that and Echo Back in Skype now works. hopefully all will work tomorrow when I make a few calls.

Michael

Reaction score
Update:
I may of gotten it working. Actually to late to try calling anyone but the Echo Back now works. I found the wrong playback device on the Microphone setup under Control Panel. The wrong playback device was set. Changed that and Echo Back in Skype now works. hopefully all will work tomorrow when I make a few calls.

Michael

Another Update:

Skype working fine now. After selecting the correct playback device for the microphone, installing the latest driver software for my webcam, installed a powered hub between computer and webcam and rolling back to Skype for Desktop version 7.1 of Skype Picture/video and sound quality great on both ends and smooth motion in video on both ends. Thanks for every one's help and patience.

Michael

Reaction score
my webcame shows my picture upward down since i have upgraded to win10 , my laptop is asus u31f (the camera is built in)
would appreciate your help

Last edited:

Ask a Question