Webcam Issue with Toshiba After I upgraded to Windows 10

Reaction score
Hi All,

Until recently I was using windows 7 in my Toshiba - L750 Satellite Model. The Webcam was working fine.

After I upgraded to Windows 10, the webcam which is built in with the laptop is not detecting. I did my own research, installed 'Driverthelife' driver installer and upgraded the drivers, Still I am facing Webcam issue.

I am thinking of reverting back to Windows 7 if the webcam issue is not resolved.

I request anyone to advise me on how to fix this issue. Thank you very much in advance.

Regards
Shriram

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
You need to stay away from those 3rd party driver installers.....as they tend to install the wrong driver. You need to go to Toshiba's website and re-download the driver/software package for your webcam and run it in compatibility mode if there's no 10 drivers.

http://support.toshiba.com/drivers

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I went to the URL http://support.toshiba.com/drivers and searched for webcam driver for my model, however none was there. Below are my model details:

Product Name: Satellite L750
Part Number: PSK2YA-0L702S

Can you point me to the right webcam driver please. It will be really helpful. Thank you very much.

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my Satellite L745. I found the latest driver at Tosheba, what a pain, but it will not install. Tried using compatibility mode and it says it fixed the problem with the file, but it still doesn't work. Device manager says it's not there. Hopefully Toshiba will come out with a fix. :-(

JMT

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my Satellite L745. I found the latest driver at Tosheba, what a pain, but it will not install. Tried using compatibility mode and it says it fixed the problem with the file, but it still doesn't work. Device manager says it's not there. Hopefully Toshiba will come out with a fix. :-(
I found that if you have patience the Windows Update will eventually download a suitable driver for you. I had a few issues on three computers but they came right in the end. Keep checking for updates and restart a few times.

Reaction score
I found that if you have patience the Windows Update will eventually download a suitable driver for you. I had a few issues on three computers but they came right in the end. Keep checking for updates and restart a few times.
Yeah, that's why I am waiting a while to update my desktop. To much on it to not have it work right. Corsair link for one thing.

Reaction score
Hi I am having the same issue with my Toshiba laptop when I upgraded to windows 10.
I have downloaded Toshiba driver software from their website for windows 8 webcam for my laptop model, but it doesn't appear to have changed anything.
Perhaps I didn't install it in the correct place on the laptop or it requires a windows 10 driver. There doesn't appear to be a specific windows 10 webcam driver on the Toshiba Website.
I am at a loss, you had any luck Shriram?

Reaction score
I am also having webcam problems with my Satellite L50t-A (not recognised).
There are no windows 10 updates on the Australian Toshiba website.

Is there an indication as to how long upgrades for Win 10 may take?

Reaction score
It's anyone's guess. Only Toshiba would know. My tablet (not a Toshiba), still doesn't have proper Windows 8 drivers.

Reaction score
To solve troubles about Toshiba webcam (satellite 750) go to Control Panel - Find and solve problems, - Programs, Exe programs for gone Windows versions - solve problems - select the troubled program selct "Web camera application" and let win10 work for you. Toshiba webcam will start working. Try. Bye

Reaction score
sorry maxmax, your solution does not work for me.

System reports 'no drivers' for this camera and after many hours of Googling and testing I reverted to Win 7

As far as I can make out nobody has managed to get the camera working with Win 10.

Tried Linux Ubuntu and it worked faultlessly first time so assume its simply a "Win 10 camera driver issue"

Reaction score
To solve troubles about Toshiba webcam (satellite 750) go to Control Panel - Find and solve problems, - Programs, Exe programs for gone Windows versions - solve problems - select the troubled program selct "Web camera application" and let win10 work for you. Toshiba webcam will start working. Try. Bye
I should have gotten back to this thread a lot earlier. I think it was the Nov 2015 update which was a complete replacement for Win 10 fixed the problem.

Reaction score
You were spot-on Maddad, the latest Win10 version found and activated the camera fully.

It did however, completely stuff my emails in WLM again, just like last time. I am having to manually rstore the files as the auto restore wont work. I bloody hate Windows :)

Reaction score
Phil or Maddad can you tell me where to get that specific version? The Nov 2015 one? I've spent hours with Windows support and still can't get the webcam fixed on my Satellite.

Thanks!!

Reaction score
Hi Vee.

After spending quite a time searching for help I just waited and eventually an update fixed the camera driver issue.
As noted, it didn't help the WLM issue but heh-ho.

Here is the driver details display if that helps. At least you will know what the file names are.

upload_2016-7-16_8-7-49.png

Good luck - Phil

Ask a Question