What is Windows Rollback ?

Reaction score
I am on dual boot. Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 TP.
When Restart is applied, I have the choice of the 2 OSes.
Now, with 9926 installed, I see 3 choices.......
Windows Technical Preview, Windows Rollback, Windows 8.1
If I chose Windows Rollback, would I go back to my previous Win 10, build 9879 ?
I don't think so, but I have to ask.

Reaction score
I have the answer.
It will roll back to the previous build.
But I had already deleted the Windows.old. So that option is useless to me now.

Reaction score
You can download easybcd. You'll need .net framework 2.5 and 3 (windows will prompt you to download and install when you first start easybcd). When done, start easybcd, select Add/Remove Entries, select Windows Rollback, click Delete, then click Save. When you reboot, it should be gone, and should boot right to windows.

Reaction score
No need to do anything. It is just a bug found in a new build.
It will be fixed gone on the next updates or in the final release.

http://www.windowscentral.com/heres-list-known-issues-windows-10-january-technical-preview
Here's a breakdown of the known issues from Microsoft:
  • After installing this build, you may see a boot selection menu each time you reboot your PC. This is because a bug where a second boot option is persisted to uninstall the Windows 10 Technical Preview and roll back to the previous OS installed. When you get to this screen, if you do nothing it will automatically boot to the Windows 10 Technical Preview within 30 seconds by default or you can choose it on your own. Don't worry, this behavior is only temporary.

Reaction score
Oh well. I don't have to deal with it anymore. I believe there was the same issue with an early Windows 8 build too.

Ask a Question