Why do updates hate me?

Reaction score
OK, I've got used to some of my settings being blown away every time my Microsoft Lumia 950 updates, but there's on that really upsets me.

I have a number of repeat appointments on my Outlook calendar. When an update occurs, these entries get branded with Pacific Standard time & are transferred to the following day - as happened again with today's update. The only option I have is to blow the entry away & install a new one on the right date. As far as I can see, individual entries aren't changed.

Similarly, my Facebook birthday reminders are stamped with Pacific time & although they are on the correct day, they want to send a reminder to me at midnight Brisbane, Australia time. Not good & the only workaround is to suppress the notification of these events.

Re the calendar, back in Nokia days, that calendar referenced to the minute. When I first got the Microsoft phone, the calendar had either 5 or 10 minute jumps available (unless there's an arcane setting somewhere that allows me to set other options), but now it jumps by 30 minute intervals. What's happened?

Reaction score
I don't know why your phone is acting this way. I have a 950XL (Fast Ring), a 929 (Current Release) and an older 928 (Windows 10 older release). They all work fine with my Desktop calendar. Have you check all the time zones on each of your devices? If one of them is off, then synchronization might screw things up.

Facebook takes your time from your computer, so log out of Facebook, check your computer's time and zone. Set it if necessary. When you log into Facebook, it should get the proper time.

As for the time in the phone's calendar dropdown, you can just tap directly on the time and type in the time you want.

Reaction score
Thanks for the calendar tip. That works.

Checked my desktop, laptop & phone. The all show the same time - and the Facebook issue has survived the 950 phone being replaced & restored from my former phone - which I checked also shows Brisbane time.

Reaction score
I know it is a pain, but sign out from Facebook on your phone as well. Then sign back in. Hopefully Facebook will take notice.

Reaction score
why oh why must people reply to a post made regarding a particular problem by stating that; "well I have the same device and everything works fine for me..." I didn't ask if everyone else was experiencing the same issue as me, I asked why am I experiencing this issue!!

Reaction score
I'm guessing that most of us are trying to tell you that it isn't a universal problem. What most people ask, like I did in my previous post, is more information about your problem. How are your systems configured, etc. But I see that you just signed up today and didn't ask about this particular problem.

So, if you didn't sign up to just complain about responses, are you experiencing the same issue that this thread is about? Namely, syncing of appointments and reminder with the current time?

If so, how about giving us some facts so we can help you?

Ask a Question