SOLVED Why Is Ditto Clipboard Manager So Big?

Reaction score
Hi all, just a quick question, I have been using the Ditto Clipboard Manager program for a while now. I was noticing under the uninstall apps section that the size of Ditto is 440mb. Is that correct? For a clipboard app? Could someone that is using Ditto please check and see if this is correct, seems awfully large for a clipboard app. Thanks in advance

Reaction score
The Installation file is 22MB. The portable version is only 15MB.
Installing from the app store must have an overhead of around 400MB. I'm logged in with a local account. So I can't double check the app store for you.

Reaction score
Thanks for your quick response. I think I may have stumbled on the answer. I deleted all of the clips that I had saved and now it is reading a total size of 61.7MB. That is either the answer or it is that dreaded Oldtimers kicking in again. :confused: Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Thanks for your quick response. I think I may have stumbled on the answer. I deleted all of the clips that I had saved and now it is reading a total size of 61.7MB. That is either the answer or it is that dreaded Oldtimers kicking in again. :confused: Thanks for the help.
I harken back to WordPerfect for Windows 5.2 on my first computer with MS-DOS 5 and Windows 3.1 being a larger install size than WordPerfect for DOS 5.1, just attributed it to the GUI [Graphical User Interface] or WYSIWIG [What You See Is What You Get] of Windows-based programs and their graphics.

The installation files usually are compressed so the installed size will always be larger. Being compressed saves in a few ways, 'back in the day' the floppy disks could hold only 1.44MB, ZIP disks 120MB or 250MD, CDs at 650MB then up to 700MB and DVDs at 4.7MB. Download times were shorter with the compressed versions and usually less corruption on the way, think Dial-Up Modems and Bulletin Boards.

Ask a Question