SOLVED Win 10 Build 10586 Start Menu & Right Click Buttons

Reaction score
Hi. I upgraded this past Wednesday (Nov. 25) from Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 Build 10586. All that same day everything seemed to be working properly. Thursday, after having shut down the laptop the night before, I had the following issues: 1. Start Menu and the Search buttons left click does nothing. 2. Right clicking on the Chrome browser button used to allow choosing new incognito window. As of Thursday, that did not work either. Now I have to open (left click icon in taskbar) a "regular" Chrome window and then Ctrl + Shift + N to get a new incognito window. It's an annoying workaround, but at least it does work.

Any suggestions for either or both problems? Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi. I upgraded this past Wednesday (Nov. 25) from Win 7 Home Premium to Win 10 Build 10586. All that same day everything seemed to be working properly. Thursday, after having shut down the laptop the night before, I had the following issues: 1. Start Menu and the Search buttons left click does nothing. 2. Right clicking on the Chrome browser button used to allow choosing new incognito window. As of Thursday, that did not work either. Now I have to open (left click icon in taskbar) a "regular" Chrome window and then Ctrl + Shift + N to get a new incognito window. It's an annoying workaround, but at least it does work.

Any suggestions for either or both problems? Thanks.
I just did the same upgrade Wednesday and after thinking this is really nice, got on this morning and unable to access the start button or type anything in the search bar. When I open support, I get the application has been blocked. If I try assistance., I get a pop up -HPSF.exe has stopped working.. Also Hp Edge is gone from the taskbar

Reaction score
I think I may have solved it. At the main signon screen, with the "Administrator's" (Owner) account showing as the one to logon with, I clicked on the Power icon at the bottom right and chose Restart. Then as restart was happening I pressed the F2 key to enter the computer's Setup options. I then chose (Under Exit) to load the default options, then chose save changes and exit. That seems to have solved both problems, at least for now. If the solution lasts for more than a day, I will mark the thread SOLVED.

Reaction score
I think I may have solved it. At the main signon screen, with the "Administrator's" (Owner) account showing as the one to logon with, I clicked on the Power icon at the bottom right and chose Restart. Then as restart was happening I pressed the F2 key to enter the computer's Setup options. I then chose (Under Exit) to load the default options, then chose save changes and exit. That seems to have solved both problems, at least for now. If the solution lasts for more than a day, I will mark the thread SOLVED.
Your problem is SOLVED ,as I did the same thing as suggested in various forums. This issue came up after new update of W 10. ( search and start up items not getting loaded)

Reaction score
I tried the F2 button upon restart and all I could get was Hp system scans and diagnostics test options. Could not get the setup options

Reaction score
I tried the F2 button upon restart and all I could get was Hp system scans and diagnostics test options. Could not get the setup options

Oh, mine is a Toshiba Satellite laptop, and so far I'm still good with my solution. I'm not sure how it would work for HP. Maybe it's a different Function button for them. You might want to check your user manual, their website, or an HP forum. Good luck. :)

Ask a Question