win 10 build 9879 available now

Reaction score
Hi all, just downloaded build 9879 and installing in the next couple of hours. Took about 40 minutes to download. Will keep posted on install. Fingers crossed that no major problems will arise
Jim

Reaction score
Installing now too.

good day, install went ok. Took about 1.5 hours restarted a couple of times. Went to check for updates , and there was 2 ,about 9.6 MB waiting. Found out my webcam showing picture upside down,(fixed by installing asus driver), partition drive not showing,(fixed by going to disk management and assign new drive letter). The one I can't get to work is IE11 it want launch by double clicking the icon on taskbar. Any ideas anyone ?
Thanks in advance, Jim

Reaction score
I took me about the same amount of time. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to put it through it's paces. But everything seems to be working as it did in the last release. I don't have any issues launching IE from the taskbar. Not sure what's going on there.

Reaction score
I had the same problem with the previous build,partition drive,webcam,but this time its IE not working. Chrome browser working ok. Going to try a couple of things to see if I can get to work. In the meantime if anyone can think of a solution, please let me know.
Jim

Reaction score
I just checked and IE is operating normally on my machine. No idea what may be causing problems on other machines.

Reaction score
Good day everybody, after a lot fiddling around and a lot swearing, found out what was stopping IE from working. Some verification link popup from IOit (speedbit). Uninstalling it made all work again. Its strange, never had any problems with build 9860, but this time it did. Seems that since IE11 comes bundled with 8/8.1 its very sensitive. Found out you can't unistall it. You can enable or disable it.
Cheers, Jim

Ask a Question