SOLVED Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17744

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Doesn't seem to be much to it as far as I can tell, however....
It did seem to install a bit faster than the last few builds.

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
I agree. This one went through much faster that the previous builds, although I have noticed one thing: When shutting the PC of, I got a memory violation which did not result in a BSoD or GSoD as its called nowadays. Not sure if that was always the case or just once. I have not seen it again...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I was kinda watching for the GSOD when I shut down, but..... didn't see anything at all.
As far as your particular error, if it was one of those memory cannot be read from..... blah, blah, blah.
That error plagued earlier versions and builds but I haven't seen that one either for quite a while.

Reaction score
I see, on another forum I visit, they are discussing (fast ring) build 17746. Could one of you insider guys check back please?

Reaction score
I used the ISO of 17744 which worked fine after i opened my USB drive in file explorer and clicked on setup. I previously set the bios to boot from USB but things did not work right. Maybe I have trouble with my old motherboard but I am happy I was able to work around this problem. I am really happy with this update. It is the first new preview that works with my sound card and mouse settings since 17672. All others until now did not work and I did not think Microsoft would ever fix this problem but I am happy it got fixed.:):)

Reaction score
I find, whilst updates keep coming so fast, currently, that the easiest way to handle them is to create a very small partition (only needs about 10 gbs) download the update to there and mount it. Run the setup from there.

Ask a Question