Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14342

Reaction score
Downloading now...missed it last night. The only thing I see in it that interests me is Adblock for Edge.

I hope this 'polishing' as MS calls it shows that W10 is getting to a stable point as W7 had before.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I think most of those fixes were a result of feedback they received and their big "Bug Bash" efforts that concluded on May 1st.
Getting things ready for the Anniversary Update (Redstone) which is right around the corner.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I was please to see that in the two previous builds, that they had returned the native "Defender" icon to the notification area. I like that.
I checked today and didn't see the Castle icon and was distressed, until.....
I noticed, it seems that they've chosen a new "Shield" icon to represent Defender in the notification area. COOL!

Reaction score
I wonder if one will be able to leave the insider program when the Anniversary ( AKA Redstone V1.0) build is released and whether that build on Insider machines will get a full licence. I think I may just get a legit full licence for the remaining Insider PC and be done with it. Most of the 'new and exciting' stuff is not much interest to me. Don't need news,money,skype,xbox, groove, Onenote etc.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have no way of knowing for certain, but....
I suspect it will be pretty much the same way that the initial insider preview process worked.
As I recall, we were and had been running the final version for several days without being fully aware that the version we had most recently installed was it.
At that point you could, as many did "stop receiving preview builds" or however the opt out wording was at that time, and you were good to go. It was pretty anticlimactic, like...... OH?? So that's it? OH... OK.

I'll keep my one physical machine and one VM on the insider program and ride the "Second Wave" of Redstone which looks to have been pushed to 2017 sometime.

Reaction score
Yes, and IIRC that Insider 10240 also was missing an expiry date if one were to look. So if one turned off insider builds then one would have had the 'free' upgrade.

Reaction score
I wonder if one will be able to leave the insider program when the Anniversary ( AKA Redstone V1.0) build is released and whether that build on Insider machines will get a full licence. I think I may just get a legit full licence for the remaining Insider PC and be done with it. Most of the 'new and exciting' stuff is not much interest to me. Don't need news,money,skype,xbox, groove, Onenote etc.
I have been inside and out of The Insider Program so many times , I have lost count. I left with the release of 10586 an then came back, You will probably be able to.

Ask a Question