SOLVED Win 10 Design Parameters.

Reaction score
Having been in the Computer Industry (Repair & Service) since the late 70's, it astounds me as to how bad the Design of Win 10 really is.
If this Design was Microsoft's idea of being able to out perform Mac in Sales, they have another think coming. This could not be further from the truth; In fact it is likely to drive people towards Mac, a system that does not have these headaches.
In fact, if the people who wrote Win8/8.1/10, were working for me, they would now be looking for another job; Reminds me when Vista came out. They have successfully taken an excellent OS (Win 7) and turned it into a piece of Junk, with a Free Upgrade to Win 10.
It is extremely unlikely that I will be changing my Business Computer, which is Win 7, into a Win 10 Junk Box, anytime soon.
Unless of course, they see fit to bring out an SP Package to overcome all the currently recognised issues and return it to something like Win 7.
Today, I had to try to fix my Wife's HP250 Laptop, because the DVD Drive would not read Media. It seems now, that the design of Win 10 is at fault in this area also, and the problem seems to centre on Windows Media Player. It is ridiculous that one has to turn to a Free Media Player like VLC, to be able to Play DVDs and set Auto Play to make VLC the Default Player, to get around this issue.
If you search the Forums on this Topic, there are so many unhappy Win 10 users out there; I do not blame them.
I will stick with what I know will work without problems- Good Old Win 7.

Reaction score
I think the rot started with Windows 8. Trying to make a desktop OS run on a touchscreen tablet. I don't think their idea was to outperfom Mac it was to catch up to the 'mobile wave' with a system that ran the same on phones, tablets and computers. And then the core OS is to be embeddable as part of the Internet of Things. I think Unix would be a better place to start for that one! ( preferably BSD as used in Firewalls).

Reaction score
Possibly , when Windows Xp went to Windows 7, the(serious) complaints may have outweighed those (serious) complaints of the migration from earlier OSs to Windows 10.
I have never felt it helpful to refer to, or compare, MS windows to Mac systems. They both have an excellent place in the overall scheme of things, as does Linux. Everyone to their personal taste.

Windows 8.1 ran perfectly for me, I was pleased with the uplift of the very old pervious interface. But, here I step in with a cticism. My usual and over posted moan, Windows 10 is not a new OS. It is an update of Windows 8.1, and could well have been called Windows 8.2.
But, because of hackneyed criticism, and, with the utmost respect, like that of the OP, MS had to come up with the dirty tricks schemes - Windows 10.
Windows 10 is a fine program. It runs as well as Windows 8.1. Possibly better than Windows 7, but I do not have the advantage of testing it, one against the other, with sophisticated measuring devices which can sense devices which can measure in microseconds.

Ask a Question