SOLVED Windows 10 Forum Design

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've been having a play with the forum layout to see if we can get anything a little more w10-esq on here. I'm happy with the current design, but I thought that it would be worth quickly modifying another style to see if you guys prefer it. Here's the alternative that we could go with (below). I'd really like your honest opinions, as if it gets the thumbs up we can switch over to it:

Idea.png

Reaction score
Like yourself, I am happy with the current design. But, your suggestion certainly looks more Windows 10 dedicated and might draw in some customers.
- I like it.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
I like it....personally I'm a fan of forum themes and like to change it up every now and then.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Looks nice.
I say go with it.
Just as long as there is a "wide" (or whatever it's called) option and doesn't involved a Fixed Width format that results in a lot of wasted space. :cool:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll roll this out and start work on tweaking it. There's only a fixed width version at the moment @Trouble, but I'll create a fluid version as an option within a couple of days :).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's live now - but if you've got any suggestions then please let me know and I'll add them to the list of tweaks.

Reaction score
Still looks as clean as always. One thing I have come to respect you for, you never go overboard and make changes that are not for the better.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks folks, I'm still working on some minor changes and improvements over the next day or two :).

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Patiently waiting for the fluid or wide version.
Otherwise..... does look nice.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've changed the main forums icons to their Windows 10 counterparts (although some will be changed further once better ones are released).

The fluid style is now available @Trouble - once you are logged in, click the text at the very bottom right (edit: left!) of the site (currently it says "Windows10Forums.com v2") and then select the "fluid" variant. This will make sure the site fills all of the available space.

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
So it is! Whoops, I've edited my post to clarify for any other users :).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've made some major behind the scenes changes to how the design works in the aim of improving things on mobile devices, but this does mean that if you previously selected the "fluid" design, you'll need to re-select the "wide" site width option from the Preferences page:

https://www.windows10forums.com/account/preferences

Sorry for the sudden change - there doesn't appear to be a way I can migrate users over who selected the previous option.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up Ian.
Not sure why, but I always prefer the Wide / Fluid view
Just got back from my walk and immediately noticed the difference and thought I might be going crazy.
Appreciate the link and changing it back to full width was no problem at all.

Ask a Question