Dividing of Windows 10 help forum

Reaction score
Microsoft's decision to continue with the insider program, has created associated problems on help forums on the web.
It may be a good idea to have two sections - a separate one for those using, and commenting, on Insider builds. It is obvious that there are differences, and it can be wasted posting to be discussing Windows 10 RTM and its updates, when the problem is specific to new insider builds.
The problem, to a lesser degree, also manifests between Pro and Home editions.

One alternative could be to insist that existing and joining members, do place clearly in there avatar/signature, what OS they are using?

Reaction score
I agree that the two things would be better separated as the Insider stuff will separate from production over the next few months and then come back together suddenly ( and maybe start separating again.

As for how it is done I have no opinion really.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I think, that this is probably a good idea.
Maybe just one sub-forum for Insider Preview (Redstone) which is still scheduled for a mid-summer release, as a catch-all for 6 months or so.
I don't expect it to grow to unwieldy, as I don't believe that the Insider Preview options is as popular now as it might have been previously, so....
What are you thinking? A single catch all sub or some kind of master sub-forum with a installation, hardware, software, security, etc., subs??

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Good idea.

I wouldn't like to add a huge number of new forums, as I think it may get confusing having duplicate sections - however having a catch all section for Insider Preview may be the way to start things off (we can expand it if it proves popular).

I'll get this online now :).

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thank you sir.
Appreciate the prompt attention.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thanks Ian.
I relocated two of the most recent threads regarding the Insider Preview into it

Ask a Question