Help to understand dividing data on 128 SSD and , 1 To HHD

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a ( stupid ) Mac user and my girlfriend bought a HP ENVY laptop with W10 on and I need some help please because this W10 is confusing as hell :)

So the laptop has a 128 SSD disk ( drive C ) and 1 TO GB hdd disk ( drive D )

Under options on how / where to stock the files, software etc. I have a question for the 3 last ( music, Images and vidoes )

They was set as standard to use the SSD disk C, so I changed it to be on drive D instead. New doc./folders and app's is set to use the SSD on drive C.

I copyed the Images from the images folder on the old PC and pasted them in the Images folder on the new PC. But I can see that the images is on drive C on the SSD and not on drive D the 1 TO GB ? I don't get this because I set Images to be on Drive D the 1 To hdd.

So what is the 3 last options , music, Images and vidoes, where is the data for this options ?

When I copy the images and music, vidoes over from old PC to new I will paste them in the folders: IMAGES, MUSIC , VIDEOS.

But then they will come on Drive C I guess the SSD, How do I get Images, vidoes and Music to be on the Drive D the 1 To HDD ?
And all the folders, documents on the Drive C the SSD

And also in the Images folder There is 2 standard folders called: Images enregistrées and Pellicule , sorry the PC is a french pc but I think you guys now what folder I talk about. What are thooes folders for please ?

Thank you for now
Best regards
Anders

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You reference
1 TO GB hdd disk
No idea what that is, unless you mean the computer has a second physical disk of 1 terabyte in size.
Would you mind using Disk Management and the Windows Snipping tool to supply and image of the Disk Management Console so we can see how the computer is physically equipped.
Like this
Capture.PNG

Then..... IF you find it applicable you might have a read through this thread here
https://www.windows10forums.com/thr...ers-from-c-drive-to-d-drive.11893/#post-57085
Where I try to explain, how I do what (I think) you're trying to do on similarly equipped computers, with multiple physical disks, one of which is a rather small SSD that hosts my OS and little else.

Reaction score
HI
Thanks for replay. Yes the pc has a ssd and a hdd :)
What I did was to right click on the folders IMAGES, MUSIQUE and VIDOES ( please see attached 4.png ) that are in "This PC".
Then I moved them to he disk D:/..etc...

Now I can see that the files in these folders are saved on the disk D as I wanted.

So What I try to understand what are those 3 last ones you see on atatched 2.png for ? Where on the PC do I need to save the files to get them in those 3 options ?

I also as you can see set the new documents to be saved on disk D but the folder you see on attached 4.png still say that it is set for disk C ?

Thanks if you understand what I try to ask ;-)

Bezst regards
Anders

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    18.5 KB · Views: 491
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    35.2 KB · Views: 497
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    139.3 KB · Views: 492
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    26.4 KB · Views: 446
Reaction score
Just one more think. I see that the windows 10 OS is on SSD disk C, good. But all the software suchs has Chrome, Open office etc. that I donload a run are they also on teh disk C, can you see this from the screenshots ?

Thanks

Ask a Question