SOLVED Win 10 with 'E' browser

Reaction score
As I recall, MS lost a large Lawsuit against the European Community. They were fined millions of pounds. When I re-installed Win 10 after they 'bricked' my Dell 1545 laptop, I selected FireFox & Google ONLY as my preferred Browser search engine. On their next update they removed my preferred choices, even removed my Brother DCP J132W printer facilities and installed their own MS printer options. Re-enabled ALL the engines I removed. Surely this is against the EU ruling on this matter. Yes. they've given alternative search engines, which does NOT include FireFox. So, do I, living witrhin the EU, have a case against MS for their FORCED actions? Any lawyers or Barristers reading this please get in touch.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would read The EULA that came with Windows 10. I do not live within the EU and from I understand Windows 10 does not have to live by that earlier lawsuit. MS should still not remove your programs willy nilly. I have hears that they have done this with apps that are not compatible, but this has never happened to me. Best of luck to you. would re install everything they removed.

Reaction score
I HAVE solved the problems created by MS, but I just know 'Big Brother will do it again on next update, which I can't stop. (Win 10 home) Frank

Reaction score
I HAVE solved the problems created by MS, but I just know 'Big Brother will do it again on next update, which I can't stop. (Win 10 home) Frank
Yes they will. And they justify it by the fact that they gave you the OS for free. Is it fair? No. But it is what it is.

Reaction score
Yes! That may be so. But Frank has now removed ALL MS search engines; re-instated MY FireFox; the Start Page home Page: re-installed MY Brother Printer; now got Win 10 running the way I want. Don't put up with Big Brother bullying tactics. There's always a way round created problems. Just keep looking. (First computer I worked on had a massif 4k Core Store!) Only snag I've got left to solve is cannot dual boot with Ubuntu. But I WILL soon. The Dell 630 still does!
Yes they will. And they justify it by the fact that they gave you the OS for free. Is it fair? No. But it is what it is.

but updates.......... to come.

Reaction score
As I recall, MS lost a large Lawsuit against the European Community. They were fined millions of pounds. When I re-installed Win 10 after they 'bricked' my Dell 1545 laptop, I selected FireFox & Google ONLY as my preferred Browser search engine. On their next update they removed my preferred choices, even removed my Brother DCP J132W printer facilities and installed their own MS printer options. Re-enabled ALL the engines I removed. Surely this is against the EU ruling on this matter. Yes. they've given alternative search engines, which does NOT include FireFox. So, do I, living witrhin the EU, have a case against MS for their FORCED actions? Any lawyers or Barristers reading this please get in touch.
The reason I like FireFox is, i can bar all ads; show a country flag of where the webpage came from; bar all tracking of my viewings

Ask a Question