Win 20H2 no longer has the option to disable MS-supported third-party driver auto updates

Reaction score
Before updating to 20H2, there were two places I knew to go to turn off/disable Windows from updating MS suported third-party drivers and products:

a) Settings > Update and Security > Advanced Options > "Receive updates for other MS products...," which I disable.

b) right-click This PC > Properties > a tab I can't remember the name of > and disable an option to disable automatically download third-party drivers.

After updating to 20H2, however, I can no longer find the second option; right-clicking on This PC > Properties now goes to System > About.

The best I can remember is that one of the tabs had something to do with the Hardare Profiles you can set and choose. One tab, however, had the option to turn off MS from updating third-party drivers, which I desperately want to do - I do NOT want drivers updating unless I choose to do so.

Does anyone know how to access the second option?

Thanks

Reaction score
Try typing or pasting "control sysdm.cpl" into the "Run box, click "OK" and see if there is a hardware tab.

Ben

Reaction score
Ben, THANK YOU!
Now, is there access via normal way through Windows to get there, or am I going to have to make a note of this program name and save it instead? Thanks again!
Wait... I just found a way. Settings > System > Advanced System Settings off to the right! Got it.

Reaction score
It is actually a Control Panel applet. Open a "Run" box, type "Control", click "OK", click System, then Advanced System Settings.

Ben

Ask a Question