Can't update Windows 10 version 1803 to 20H2

Reaction score
Hello,

I have this problem since two years but to day, i need to fix it. (i'm a newbie with windows so i sorry in advance for my mistakes)

During the installation of the update, I receive this message:

Capture d’écran 2020-12-27 à 19.17.00.png

Then I follow the advice to solve the problem on the support.miscroft.com.

I am trying to install the new version of AMD drivers, but i get another message:

"This installer is intended to be deployed only on an AMD System. Exiting installation as the requirement is not Satisfied"

I am stuck at this step !!! :confused:

Thank you for advance.

Reaction score
Hello,

Thank you for your answers!!

Ben:
I have already read a lot of articles about AMD driver bugs and the Windows 10 update. When I try to update the driver to fix the bug (from this link: https://www.amd.com/fr/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x470).
I have a message that stops me in the installation : "This installer is intended to be deployed only on an AMD System. Exiting installation as the requirement is not Satisfied". I don't understand ... What am i supposed to do?

Wolfie:
I thought about your idea but all my data is on this disc. I use it everyday. I would really like to fix this driver problem rather than disable my RAID. It's frustrating.o_O

Thank you for advance.

Last edited:
Reaction score
"This installer is intended to be deployed only on an AMD System. Exiting installation as the requirement is not Satisfied"
Are you sure you have an AMD CPU/APU ?. Can you post your systems specs please. ;)

Reaction score
Reading those links, it seems that the only option is to uninstall the Raid. But perhaps your post on the AMD site will attract a more knowledgeable answer.

Reaction score
I did an Upgrade of 1803 about 2 weeks ago and it went to 1909 then to 2004 and finally to 2009/20H2.

Reaction score
I had a similar problem trying to update. I have an ASUS MOBO and AMD AM4 Ryzen 5 processor. However, my mobo's bios was the original. I went to the Asus website, discovered an updated Bios software. I downloaded the update, followed the included instructions for saving to a thumb drive and flashed the bios. After this, the Windows update proceeded without any problem.,

Ask a Question