Windows 10 and dial-up modem

T_J

Reaction score
I post some on a boating/fishing forum; and a Moderator there was having trouble with their dial-up modems on older Windows 7 laptops. The internal dial-up modems on both laptops don't work anymore; so using a USB dial-up modem now. Person asked about newer computers and dial-up. Remote area in USA has bad cell phone coverage; so only choice is satellite internet or dial-up.

Would Windows 10 work with a USB dial-up modem? Would all the large Windows 10 updates be too much for dial-up? Thanks

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Would Windows 10 work with a USB dial-up modem?
I have a USB modem that I use exclusively for the rare occasion I need to fax something to someone.

Capture.PNG

It seems to work perfectly fine with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and I would expect similar results with Home and or 32 bit versions of either.
Would all the large Windows 10 updates be too much for dial-up?
I couldn't even imagine using such a device for Windows 10 updates (Cumulative updates or Build version "Upgrades")

Ask a Question