Windows 10 atheros SVC

Reaction score
is this a necessary program? Does it need to run on windows 10? and can i stop it at start up? Thanks for any replys

Reaction score
Not seeing any information about the computer can only say it may depend upon the hardware, a couple of my Notebooks have Atheros Bluetooth Wireless and I use BT mice with them.

Reaction score
I do not think i use bluetooth
I'm sure you would know but then there's a number of products that use BT to connect with computers such as keyboard, number pad/10-key pad, tablets, smartphones, etc.

Reaction score
mine are all wired
That's fine but usually when wanting to be rid of a program that works with hardware one first needs to disable that device in the BIOS or the possibility will exist that Windows will continue to load drivers for it. Simply disabling a device in Device Manager usually will suffice but changes can occur with Version Upgrades and maybe Build updates.

Reaction score
thank you just inquiring actually i am trying to free up more space and just wanted to know if this is a necessary program

Reaction score
Nothing is given about lack of storage space so can only say the drivers don't take much space. Programs for devices like a control panel do take space but again not much, certainly not what an office-type program takes.

Reaction score
Atheros drivers also can be a Wifi USB dongle. If you do not have either, take a look in the device manager and look for an Atheros device. If it is listed, disable (NOT uninstall) it and see if you experience any issues. If it is not listed, look in the startup options via Taskmanager and look for it there. If listed, uncheck it or disable it to prevent it from starting up automatically (after a restart) and look out for issues that might occur.

Ask a Question