Windows 10 Creator's Update Kills Bluetooth Hardware

Reaction score

I have an Acer Aspire Timeline X 3830t laptop. Until today, I was running Windows 10 with no issues, happy as a clam. After a slew of updates happened, including the Creator's update, my Bluetooth disappeared. I mean it really disappeared, it's no longer found in Device Manager, and when I look at Hidden Devices, I find the BlueTooth Generic Adapter with this error.

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)
To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

HUH? I didn't change anything, I didn't turn off any switches, all I did was allow Windows to do the updates! Scanning for updates, resetting the BIOS to defaults, rebooting multiple times, etc. doesn't bring it back. I'm at a loss what happened! It's like the hardware suddenly disappeared. Since it's internal to the laptop, that doesn't seem all that likely!

Reaction score
I'm also having an issue with bluetooth lately, I have an ASUS F556UA laptop. Not sure if it's this creators update but bluetooth disappeared for me again after it did on the 23rd and I had to reset to restore it. None of my restore points worked. This time they do but it's basically back to a fresh PC so I reset the restore and I'm hoping to find a resolution to this.

I tried so many solution suggestions last time though

edit: Ok reset finished and bluetooth is back... I think I'm going to block updates for a while.

Ask a Question