Windows 10 Desktop flickring problem

Reaction score
I have upgraded my OS from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home and then to Windows 10 Professional. The windows is activated with Windows 1 Professional activation key. Every thing is working fine except the desktop flickers after every one minutes which is very irritating. Can anyone suggest a solution for this problem. I have already tried the solution mentioned on Microsoft website i.e to reinstall the display card driver which did not solve this problem.

Reaction score
Hi Muhammad,

Have you reached out to your display adapter people? Have you googled the web with your graphics card model combined with Windows 10 in the search to see if others have experienced the same in relation to windows 10? It is very most likely a driver, or hardware, or cable problem. Please perform these steps first.

This is another thought you can ponder with self predication:

Is you system a desktop? If it is, i suggest you power down (leave it plugged in), open your box, use some compressed air to blow all the dust off your mobo and components (have a vac running with the sharp nozzle right there to suck up dust). Once clean, re-seat your video card (before you touch anything discharge your electricity by touching the power supply). Computer components are severely impacted by transient minuscule current flashes. It can carry across the dust, if humidity is high enough.

Be very careful, because heat has made everything very brittle in there, and very fragile. If you feel better not doing this yourself, by all means take it to your computer guy or shop!

Although, I have solved several flickering display problems by performing these steps, please understand I can't be held responsible. Although I am not misleading you, my recommendations are not without risk.

good luck! allan

PS, my desktop looks like I've skinned it alive and dragged half the guts out! And I haven't got around to tucking it all back in neatly and sewing it back up so to speak!

Reaction score
There seems to be many problems and questions of late on screen flickering.
By chance have you recently changed your LCD / Laptop screen resolution?
For every screen resolution setting there are different vertical / horizontal refresh rates. 30 - 60 Hz Vert and 16 - 67 Hz Horizontal. If your monitor work on Windows 7 it should certainly work with Windows 10

I have an ancient HP Pavilion desktop that had XP as its OS. rather than junk it, I installed Win 7 Home and upgraded to Windows 10. Works just fine no screen flicker.

Our good friend ( Allan10 too) has a good explanation on backwards compatibility. Well worth a read.

http://www.howtogeek.com/219782/is-windows-10-backwards-compatible-with-your-existing-software/

Ask a Question