SOLVED Windows 10 doesn't launch

Reaction score
If Win10 had been installed there is no need of a Product Key, usually has been activated and will activate with a Digital License when accessing the Internet or right-click the Windows Start button, go to System and the activation choice will be found there.

If Win8/8.1 had been previously installed there may be an embedded feature on the motherboard and no key needed but Win7 should have a sticker on the case the with Product Key on it. WinVista and earlier won't Upgrade, need a clean install.

Reaction score
If Win10 had been installed there is no need of a Product Key, usually has been activated and will activate with a Digital License when accessing the Internet or right-click the Windows Start button, go to System and the activation choice will be found there.
Thank you, but i bought with win8, so i changed it. for now it s possible to find the old keys win 8? even if i want to put wind 10 how can i find the keys? please

Reaction score
I've never had to enter Win8/8.1 keys except on 1 Notebook that I changed the HDD on that had nothing on it, very clean install of Win8.1 Pro and I did have the key as it wasn't OEM.

Reaction score
wow..... really appreciate it.. thank you very much ...... may God Bless you...

Reaction score
Hi rood,

if Windows 10 was activated, where it asks for your licence key, simply click on "I don't have a product key" (Your copy of W10 has a digital signature and the key is not necessary when doing a fresh re-install unless you are using a different version of W10!).

You do not need to install Win 8 and upgrade to Win 10!, just install a fresh copy of Win 10!. :)
1608232196223.png

Reaction score
jepp, what Wolfie says. That is the way to do it. Any time one upgrades from a previous Version of Windows (Win 8, Win8.1, Win 7), the computer has a digital license which is stored on the Microsoft servers. There is no longer a need to have a serial key. The only time one needs a key is when one had a Home version and wants to change to a pro or enterprise version. That key then needs to be purchased.
OR: one builds his own computer and installs Windows 10 on it. Then a purchased license is needed unless one still has an unused serial of Windows 8.x or Windows 7. That will still work even after the free upgrade period is long gone...

Reaction score
Hi rood,

if Windows 10 was activated, where it asks for your licence key, simply click on "I don't have a product key" (Your copy of W10 has a digital signature and the key is not necessary when doing a fresh re-install unless you are using a different version of W10!).

You do not need to install Win 8 and upgrade to Win 10!, just install a fresh copy of Win 10!. :)
View attachment 12888
thank you. fon now the os doesn't launch to boot it in usb flash

Reaction score
thank you. fon now the os doesn't launch to boot it in usb flash
Hi rood,

I assume you mean you want to boot the Windows 10 installation USB stick?.

When your computer starts and as soon as you see the company logo on the screen, press the "Pause button" and see which but will give you an option to show the boot menu (Hard drive, CD-ROM or USB device), or get into BIOS and change the boot order to "Removable device" or it might show the name of the USB stick. To get into BIOS, try the following keys.... F1 or F2 or Del.

Let us know how you get on. :)

Ask a Question