Windows 10 electronic upgrade

Reaction score
I am running Windows 8.1. I reserved my copy of Windows 10 Home.

I notice I now have in a folder called $Windows.~BT which is Size 6.63 GB Size on disk 5.10 GB (5,482.143.744 bytes)

I am wondering if this is in fact the Windows 10 downloaded programme.

For several days now I see in my Windows updates that Windows 10 upgrade is trying to install but failing every time. I do not receive and error message and I do not receive any notification from Microsoft.

As far as I can tell all my windows updates have been installed and I am on the automatically install setting.

I disabled Windows Defender and Malwarebytes pro last night but still the upgrade failed.

The PC is only a couple of months old.

Any advice or ideas please?

Reaction score
Thanks Defender01 for the link. Unfortunately I am on a monthly connection allowance and can't afford to do too many downloads. So I was wondering if the size of the download already on my machine looks like the complete OS upgrade or not. And if it is why it is not installing. Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
Thanks Defender01 for the link. Unfortunately I am on a monthly connection allowance and can't afford to do too many downloads. So I was wondering if the size of the download already on my machine looks like the complete OS upgrade or not. And if it is why it is not installing. Thanks for your help.
Microsoft have said they are sending out the downloads in waves due to demand.
I guess there is no way of knowing when you will receive yours but the link i added will download straightaway you will need to allow around 2 hours for the install but the actual download is quite quick.:)

Ask a Question