Windows 10 error 0xc000021a

Reaction score
Hi. All,

As write in title, on windows 10 home x64 boot, bcod appears with 0xc000021a error.
I can only boot on usb windows installtion and WinRE.
Even safe mode not working, and returns 0xc000021a error.

Already done: sfc, chkdsk, dism return 0x800f081f The source files could not be found. No hardware problem.
I restored registry, even after system restore, 0xc000021a error still appears.

Nothing worked.

No reinstallation if possible.

Can I have a little of your time to help?

Regards.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The error 0xc000021a is usually triggered by updating the operating system to from Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10. This error is particularly nasty, because it can cause a continual BSOD boot loop. The error can also happen when a user-mode subsystem in Windows becomes corrupted.

Reaction score
The 0xc000021a error is typically caused by either (or both!) WinLogon.exe or csrss.exe stopping. Both are critical Windows system files. The traditional troubleshooting step is to run the system file checker, but I see you've done that, so we can assume that the files themselves aren't corrupted.

You used the term 'bcod' in your OP, did you mean BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death)? If so, then there should be a kernel dump in the file C:\Windows\Memory.dmp - if so please upload it to the cloud with a link to it here (and make it public). If that file doesn't excist then look in the folder C:\Windows\Minidumps and upload any minidumps that are relevant - check their dates and times. If there's nothing in there then look in the folder C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports and upload any mindumps that are relevant - check their dates and times.

Ask a Question