Windows 10 Mail AOL Sync Errors

Reaction score
I have 3 AOL accounts in Windows 10 mail 2 of them are mine all of a sudden 1 account gets sync error and says setting are out of date. This started about a week ago need help.

Reaction score
Hi,

is the 3rd account related to another user on your system?. Have you checked with AOL?. :)

Reaction score
AOL have recently activated 2-step authentication so you’ll require an app specific password for each account affected.

Reaction score
Did you create an app specific password though or just change the account password?

Reaction score
:p
Two-step authentication was added recently. I’m seeing an increase of posts concerning this/AOL & on various forums.

Reaction score
That won’t work as the Mail app is classed as a less secure app so a specific password is needed:
I went to AOL and generated a new password and my email is now syncing thanks to all that offered their knowledge.

Reaction score
I went to AOL and generated a new password and my email is now syncing thanks to all that offered their knowledge.

Reaction score
This is not at reply & I can't delete. I was trying to post a question about AOL mail not syncing with Windows 10 mail on my PC. Changed password - didn't work. Able to have app specific password for 4th gen iPad. But can't get it to sync on PC.

Reaction score
Have you created another app specific password or are you using the one for the iPad?
Is there any error on the mail app?

Reaction score
Have you created another app specific password or are you using the one for the iPad?
Is there any error on the mail app?
Not app specific for pc. Using new AOL password. No problem with that. I am no so confused now about what password to use where. Keeps asking for user name and password for smpt.aol.com server. I can't figure out what it wants anymore. Thanks for any help you can give. This problem started out of the blue.

Reaction score
You’ll need an app specific password for the windows Mail account.
is that a typo for the outgoing server? It should be smtp.aol.com

Ask a Question