Windows 10 - General

Reaction score
Yet another very long update - and it seems each update causes more waste of time and more problems. The latest Windows 10 does not seem half as useful as even the old operating systems such as Windows XP. There are several programs that I was using which no longer run and I now get duplicate unauthorised videos running, which slow the system down. The useful applications such as defrag and scandisk seem to have been disabled. Why get rid of so many things that work and replace them with things that do not work properly?

Reaction score
The useful applications such as defrag and scandisk seem to have been disabled

Win10 has always had, and still does have, Error Checking and Optimize/Defrag on the right-click of a drive icon in File Explorer, Properties and the Tools tab. At least that is for my computers that at some point had a clean Default installation. Upgrades from Win7 w/SP1 and Win8.1, when the free upgrade was offered, showed the same thing.

Reaction score
Defrag/optimize is still in the start menu under "Windows Administrative tools"

Ask a Question