Windows 10 intrusion

Reaction score
I left my computer on for 15minutes to deal with an emergency. When I returned I found Windows 10 downloading, unasked for and unwanted! I aborted the download as I intend to stay with Windows Prof 7. How can Microsoft impose this unwanted program without my consent?

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Norcot.

You understand that we don't work for Microsoft, and Microsoft is not responsible for anything that we say on this forum.

Having said that, MS has decided that it is to the benefit of everyone to have a single operating system, which they will control. They really believe that.

To be fair, you have part of this already. Google and Yahoo are cloud-based software that are updated without asking the users. And they both work well.

MS made Windows 10 a recommended download, which you have agreed to accept. Yes, you can keep on refusing it. After July 29, MS will stop nagging you to upgrade.

Reaction score
I left my computer on for 15minutes to deal with an emergency. When I returned I found Windows 10 downloading, unasked for and unwanted! I aborted the download as I intend to stay with Windows Prof 7. How can Microsoft impose this unwanted program without my consent?

Just a note eventhough it downloads WIndows 10 it won't upgrade it until you agree.

Reaction score
Last night I was working on my computer. A window popped up asking me to upgrade to windows 10, I clicked it off and went back to work. Five minutes later windows 10 started to upload. I tried to stop it several times to no avail.
I did and do not want windows 10. The install of windows 10 took over an hour and a half to install. Time I needed to be working. I feel that my computer was hacked by windows 10. I would like to take Microsoft to court for this invasion of my computer. I did not agree to have windows 10 uploaded.

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, packw.

If Windows 10 is now installed against your wishes, you can revert back to your previous system.

Microsoft sends out the downloads en mass. You weren't singled out for anything. There is some confusion about allowing recommended downloads without realizing that Win 10 IS a recommended download.

Now, I'm not being funny when I say this. Do you have Windows 10 installed right now? You can try it for 30 days without penalty and then go back if you want.

Reaction score
You must have clicked on the wrong item. As Jake says in an earlier post, it will download, sometimes without consent, but will NOT upgrade without the same consent.

Reaction score
i dont know why people is affraid of windows 10 ... its better its safer and faster... so its not dramatic when upgrade its done ...

in other platform people upgrade and dont complaint ... ios android etc...

Reaction score
I agree with you, Denis. But if a person doesn't want to upgrade to 10, he shouldn't be tricked into upgrading.

Reaction score
many on my customer since yesterday tell me they do the x and windows force install

they lost time for the upgrade ...

one customer say i close the windows and i go the the bathroom and he's back windows its in instalation proces lol

wtf microsoft that not what were are ... we dont force people if they dont want it

Reaction score
I have noticed that Microsoft keeps changing the update notice. What gets rid of it one day will authorize it the next.

Ask a Question