SOLVED Windows 10 iso download.

Reaction score
Hello Windows 10 Forums,

I'm wanting to download an iso file of Windows 10 20H2 so I can create a bootable usb drive and do a clean install.

When I go to Microsoft Windows 10 download page all I seem to be able to download is an update / upgrade no iso file.

I already have the 20H2 update / upgrade installed on one computer but I want to do a clean install on different computer.

Thanks.

Reaction score
The Media Creation tool can do this. Go here, scroll down and select "Download tool now". When the download is complete, find it in File Explorer and double-click it. You will be asked to choose between upgrading and creating an ISO. Note that if you are creating an ISO for another computer, you may have to uncheck the box marked "Use the recommended options for this PC" and make the appropriate changes.

Ben

Reaction score
Hello Ben Myers,

In the early days of using Windows 10 I seem to remember being able to download an iso file and create bootable media using whatever software I wanted.

Nowadays it seems that all of that has changed and so now I'm off to use the "Media Creation Tool".

Thanks for your help Ben Myers. :)

Us old age users are / can be a PITA. :D

Thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok mission accomplished the "Media Creation Tool" created a bootable usb. :)

This forum is the best. :)

Thanks again and a great day to ya. :)

Ask a Question