SOLVED Windows 10 losing networking protocols every 24 hours

Reaction score
After the major Windows 10 upgrade that happened I think in late November to early December of 2015 my network connection started dropping periodically. This is wired connection directly to my router and I've done all the netsh winsock reset and other solutions listed all over the internet, but like clock work I lose internet connection to just my desktop. All my wireless devices continue to work just fine. When I select repair connection I get the error of protocols are missing. The adapter has a visual status of identifying network. I thought it was a DHCP issue, but it still happens with a static IP address. This so frustrating as the only thing that fixes it is a reboot and then it seem like the clock resets for another 24 hours. I've tried going to device manager and updating drivers but it tells me the drivers are up to date. I've uninstall the drivers and allowed the OS to reinstall them to no avail. I've even deleted the adapter and restarted and allow it to find the hardware and re-add the driver and none of this seem has fixed the problem. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I'm to the point of going out and purchasing USB network adapter and seeing of that solves my problem.

Reaction score
Have you checked the properties of the network adapter. It seems that several common adapter families have a property
"Allow computer to turn off this device to save power" If that is checked the symptoms can be as you describe in W10. So take a look and see Actually a USB adapter might be WORSE!

Reaction score
Have you checked the properties of the network adapter. It seems that several common adapter families have a property
"Allow computer to turn off this device to save power" If that is checked the symptoms can be as you describe in W10. So take a look and see Actually a USB adapter might be WORSE!

Thanks for your response but I decided the headaches I was getting over this matter was over the top so I reinstalled Windows 10. So far so good! The upgrade from Windows 7 was never really stable but the clean install seems to be much better.

Ask a Question