Windows 10 Photos vs. Photo gallery

Reaction score
Windows just did an update so now when I open ( using the open command ) a picture, the picture opens with Photos instead of Photo Gallery ( which when I would open a picture before the update the picture would open with Photo Gallery ). How can I get a picture to open ( using the open command ) with Photo Gallery again ?

Reaction score
Did you try the procedure Regedit posted in your OP?
Can you not just add a folder and select photo gallery?

Reaction score
Windows just did an update so now when I open ( using the open command ) a picture, the picture opens with Photos instead of Photo Gallery ( which when I would open a picture before the update the picture would open with Photo Gallery ). How can I get a picture to open ( using the open command ) with Photo Gallery again ?

You have to set photo gallery as the default photo application. I use Photoshop Express and when I click on photo it open Photoshop Express. It does that because I set it as the default photo viewer app.

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me the difference between photos and Photo Gallery.
Is one considered better than the other? Why can't Microsoft just have one product?

Thanks

Ask a Question