SOLVED Windows 10 Recovery Disk

Reaction score
Here's a suggestion. Stay out of the registry. Go to power and press shift while clicking restart. Click troubleshoot/reset this pc/keep my files. I just went through this. Apps and settings will be lost but can be restored. If you've already got win 10 you don't need to do all that craziness of burning disks.

Psi

Reaction score
After deleting the registry entries below the problem has been solved.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsBackup\ValidConfig

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsBackup\ValidSystemImageBackup

I had deleted the partition with WindowsImageBackup used to keep my current image I'd copy to external media. That gave rise to the internal error (I needed the space, but found more, so I restored the backup partition - that didn't fix the error through). Your solution did!

Psi

Reaction score
Here's a suggestion. Stay out of the registry. Go to power and press shift while clicking restart. Click troubleshoot/reset this pc/keep my files. I just went through this. Apps and settings will be lost but can be restored. If you've already got win 10 you don't need to do all that craziness of burning disks.
Good advice, if one is not comfortable with tweaking the registry. I keep system and file backups, so I'm fearless and Fickp's solution resolved my problem. Reboot fixes a lot of Windows problems, but not this one and I have a 140 GB image to restore my system and applications, so that is my last resort, which I've exercise about once every two years for the past 30 years. (That keeps me motivated to keep a current image, since there are also other sources of corruption and disk drives break.)

Reaction score
Same problem here. Here is a pic of my Reg list and it doesn't have the "\WindowsBackup\ValidConfig

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsBackup\ValidSystemImageBackup
as mentioned in how to solve this problem so I can't delete what isn't there.

Registry Pic.JPG

Ask a Question