Windows 10 thinks my USB flash disk is a different type of drive

Reaction score
Let me explain what I really mean. A work computer screwed up my flash drive. I'm wondering if it is fixable or not.
When I went back to my computer to test it out Windows will beep t4elling me that it is recognized. Explorer shows it as a new drive "E" written as "USB Drive (E : )": <-- Note the colon ":" . However, a pop up window shows up saying, "Please insert a disk into USB Drive (E : )" As if it's a Cd drive or what-have-you. Is there anyway to repair this or not? Nothing is readable. That pop up window prevent further reading.
Thank you.
Note: I had to add spaces above after the E and the colon and closed bracket or else it came out as a happy face.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yup the drive was removed properly. This problem occured while the drive was in--long story but it did not only happen to one flash drive but 2 actually on 2 different days. It can't be formatted, since as I said the pop up window won't allow anything else and the window pops up as soon as you click on the drive within Explorer

Ask a Question