WINDOWS 10 to WINDOWS 11 , who has made the switch and why

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
So you switched to WINDOWS 11
By "switched" I'm guessing you're suggesting upgrading.
Nope.... wasn't allowed to as my current Windows 10 machine does not meet the system requirements.
SO...
I bought the components and build a new machine which does, and Installed Windows 11 on that as a custom clean install.
likes dislikes
I like it well enough.
As for "dislikes" ....
It lacks sufficient customization, especially as it applies to the Start Menu and Taskbar.
Did you syaty with it
Yes on that machine I will, but...
I'll continue using may Windows 10 machine until it draws its' last breath on or about October 2025.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My daily driver was W11 compatible so I got the release preview sone time ago. My other machine had some upgrades and now has W11 in the Dev channel. My other machines are not compatible and I am happy to leave them on W10 so they are compatible with friends who sometimes need tech support. These two machines are close to end of life so I don't care.

I don't dislike W11 it works well for me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got a new 14" Dell Vostro Notebook 3 months ago, came with Win10 Pro and after setup immediately got Win11 Pro. Haven't had any problems. I don't have any other computers compatible but needed to learn what's new or changed due to clients might have needs, in fact set one up today for a client. With hers the only issue is in trying to get it out of S mode, keeps requiring a Microsoft Account to do it, also needed to get Chrome. Don't think that will be an issue for awhile based on her needs.

Reaction score
I have read about this thing where making Chrome the default is not so easy on W11. Both my machines were already set that way before upgrade so I have not seen a problem.

Reaction score
I don't know about the default part but I set up a client's new Win11 Notebook yesterday and had a problem with Chrome, seems it wanted to be installed from the Microsoft Store but needed a Microsoft Account to do it. She doesn't have a Microsoft Account yet [only Local with Administrative] and may not need it but does know about it. Anyway, she wanted her logins from Chrome on her old Notebook so I Exported them to file then on the new Edge Imported that file, worked fine. Downloading Chrome from other sites only got a less-than 2MB install file which also needed to go to the Store. Using a different computer I now have the full off-line file for future use [more than 175MB].

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have read about this thing where making Chrome the default is not so easy on W11
Ian did an Article on this, on the 11 Forums

It's not as easy as it should be but doable.

Ask a Question