Windows 10 xlr file

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I am what you would call a dinosaur so please be patient with me.

I used to type lines into a xlr file and then for whatever reason my windows 10 must have introduced new updates but when i used to receive and save a cheque with a name address and amount into my file if i started to type the same address into the file it would just show up before i could finish it to save me the trouble of retyping every time.
Now this does not happen and i have to repeat the full process every time, does anyone know why this has stopped happening and how to be able to get it back please to save me constantly having to re type the same things over and over.

Kindest Regards

Pops

Reaction score
An XLR file used to be created/worked with in Microsoft Works 9.x and a few earlier versions. Microsoft Works used to be included in new computers by the vendors, cost about $50 in the stores. It has been discontinued for several years now although it still works in Win10 if one can find it, I have it on a couple of computers.

An alternative to Works would be the free LibreOffice, I install it for my older clients that have recipes done in Works.

Ask a Question