Windows 7 games for Windows10 Creator

Reaction score
Last year I had help from members to get Windows 7 games to play when I upgraded to Windows 10. Yesterday, I updated to Windows 10 Creator and to my dismay seem to have lost the Windows 7 games. I went to the Winaero site and cannot see the link now to download this file. Can anyone help me please - in simple terms!

Reaction score
They do seem to have disappeared. Being paranoid I have been keeping the package in my Onedrive as I have had to reload on every insider build. The package is about 230Mb.

You don't still have your original W7 install CD? You could get them from there I think.

Reaction score
Thank You Tim ! :)

I used your link to download “ Windows 7 games for Windows 10 ” and installed the app on my Windows 10 1703.
It's working just fine !
And there was no need for the « msgames_win8_x64.msi ».

Thanks ! :)

Regards ;) JAY B.

Reaction score
That means you may already have that MSI. When Fall Creators arrives you may need to re-install the games and even to get that msi.

Reaction score
Hi,

I downloaded the « msgames_win8_x64.msi », just in case I would need it in a near future ! :D
Microsoft is full of surprise !

Bye ;)

Reaction score
I am very pleased with this program...my prob is that I deleted it to clean up my computer with the plan to immediately reinstall it. It installs but a game will not come up when I click on its icon (the only games I kept were solitaire and minesweeper). I am imagining a conflict somewhere. I looked through my program files and couldn't find any other game programs. Any tips? PS I am on a tower.

Reaction score
After a full delete of the old games I found that I needed the Win7Games......exe from Winaero and another file called msgames_win8_x64.msi. This latter file appears to survive new major builds unlike the Win7Games...file.

Reaction score
Thank You Tim ! :)

I used your link to download “ Windows 7 games for Windows 10 ” and installed the app on my Windows 10 1703.
It's working just fine !
And there was no need for the « msgames_win8_x64.msi ».

Thanks ! :)

Regards ;) JAY B.
I just upgraded to W10 and hate the games provided. I'd prefer to use the games from W7. Is that possible?

Reaction score
Hi DalePaul,

I’m running Windows 10 1909 and it is still working fine.

Just use the link provided by Tim Locke or you can download it from : MajorGeek

Bye ;)

Ask a Question