SOLVED windows 7 nvida driver

Reaction score
hey all,

does anyone know or installed windows 7 NVidia driver on windows 10 successfully.
I only get the micosoft basic vga driver now.
any advice on this would be appreciated.

thanks.

the poorguy

Reaction score
hey all,

does anyone know or installed windows 7 NVidia driver on windows 10 successfully.
I only get the micosoft basic vga driver now.
any advice on this would be appreciated.

thanks.

the poorguy
went ahead and installed GeForce driver 309.08 whql driver 32bit and it worked so far so good.

the poorguy

Reaction score
It's hit or miss with legacy drivers. Good to here it worked. The AMD legacy driver didn't work on my laptop on the earlier preview release. I haven't tested it recently (and probably won't since Linux is running on it now). Keep us posted.

Reaction score
well at least I can get an NVidia driver from windows 7 to work.
I haven't had any luck with amd / ati graphics cards at all so I will wait for some amd / ati drivers to appear. it seems that hardware manufactures want us to buy all new graphics products instead of creating a driver. hell even the windows 10 driver from NVidia crapped on install. yep you are right it is hit and miss. windows 10 seems to be running good on this old dell box though so some things are getting fixed which is a happy thing as it sucked last month for me and windows 10.

the poorguy

Reaction score
I have Nvidia 630 and 430 on 2 machines and Nvidia's Geforce experience happily installs new drivers. It is 355 at the moment. Not a sign of trouble from them.

Reaction score
I have Nvidia 630 and 430 on 2 machines and Nvidia's Geforce experience happily installs new drivers. It is 355 at the moment. Not a sign of trouble from them.
He's has an older card that Nvidia doesn't support anymore. Hence the 309.08 drivers.

Reaction score
He's has an older card that Nvidia doesn't support anymore. Hence the 309.08 drivers.
yes I do have an older out dated not very supported graphics adapter.
bringing new life to these old boxes though windows 10 or at least for ten months or so.
fix them up and donate them to my church for the poor folks who just can't afford to buy one so might as well have a current OS and free is hard to beat.

life is good.

the poorguy

Reaction score
yes I do have an older out dated not very supported graphics adapter.
bringing new life to these old boxes though windows 10 or at least for ten months or so.
fix them up and donate them to my church for the poor folks who just can't afford to buy one so might as well have a current OS and free is hard to beat.

life is good.

the poorguy
I used to do this too. Except I would install Linux instead. Lubuntu is an easy version of Ubuntu, and runs very well on older PC's. And for simple email and web surfing, it has a very low learning curve.

It's good to know the older legacy drivers work. I may eventually have to give my laptop a shot again.

Reaction score
yep Linux lite 2.2 LTS gives people a secure OS until 2019 and does work well on older hardware.

as far as windows 10 NVidia drivers it seems that a lot of vista and windows 7 drivers will install and run well. just make sure and check for several of the different ones as I found several for my graphics adapter. I didn't need all of the game support that some of the newer drivers offer or didn't need it to support anymore cards past mine. newer drivers have always been buggy in my opinion.

I wish amd / ati would get on the ball and get some graphics card drivers because if they don't i'll do like I did with creative labs sound cards and stop buying them due to lack of drivers.

life is good.
the poorguy

Reaction score
hey BigFeet,

installed windows 10 on a dell XPS 200 from 2005 and everything ran smooth on installation and the NVidia driver for the GeForce 210 installed itself. so it appears to support some of the older desktop boxes that I pull from the curb. I do believe that this is the oldest desktop box that I have.

intel Pentium d 820 Smithfield 2.8ghz.
3.0gb ddr2 ram.
GeForce 210 pci-e graphics card.

yep it is old but it runs well.

the poorguy

Ask a Question