SOLVED Windows always on top.

Reaction score
I believe a Third Party software is required to enable the Desktop to show open window always on top.

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie,
I also notice that the last page used at shut down, that on rebooting computer, first screen to show is the last page at shut down. Are they connected? and this be remedied?

Reaction score
Hi Rab,

not quite sure what you mean by last page?, are you talking about a web browser?. Take a look in Settings > Apps > Startup and see what is set to "On" and turn it off if that is what you mean?.

1597675154562.png

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie,
What is happening is, say my last Window was BBC news screen and closed it then the computer. On my next restart of computer, the first screen to show would be BBC news screen. What cases this as to a few days ago, this did not happen.

Reaction score
Hi Rab,

if you are using Edge Browser, open Settings > On start-up and select what you want as a start page. The same applies to any other browser. :)

1597688659133.png

Reaction score
I don't know what is happening, if opened in this forum and click on Edge icon it just opens Windows10Forum page. I notice top left of page (136) Windows always on Top is showing. I have no idea as to remove this entry.

Reaction score
Hi Rab,

did you check settings like I asked earlier, go to the top right of Edge browser and click on the 3 dots to open settings!. :)

edge settings button.jpg

Reaction score
I think it is saying "Windows always on top" because, as you state, it is opening on this browser and this post ("Always on top"), As you can see from Wolfies snip
Assuming Edge is your Browser, What you need to do, is decide what site you wish to have as your opening page. Make a copy of the address.
Now click into the settings, as previously indicated.
Open the item on the left "On Start up"
Choose "Open a specific page"
Paste in, or type, the address you have already selected, Now, whenever you open the browser, that should be it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well have tried to follow instructions to the last dot, results of, that I am in a complete whirl and no longer able to carry this any further. Can only now say thank you all who kindly responded.

Ask a Question