Sick of Windows 10 and their terrible updates than you cant stop and always fail

Reaction score
I'm getting sick and tired of these updates that you apparently cannot turn off, I've tried to delay them or change the settings to remove them but it still tries to update...

Hours and hours and hours for it to always get stuck and have me trying to system restore back to a working version only for it to try and update again the next day.

It's a joke...it's beyond ridiculous that it takes this long to do updates and figure out something isn't working and then it crashes with a Driver State Power Failure error...it works great when it works but unless they come out with a method to prevent these crap ass updates that never work and constantly fail, I'm going back to Windows 8...

Microsoft needs to stop coming out with cool features and make sure their damn products stop causing week long headaches for people every few months...

Reaction score
Insider Previews are worse.

I dont know how that's possible.

Even funnier, as a college student my University offered Windows 10 Education edition free to us, I install it and within a week it's telling me my key is invalid because there is another computer with the same key in use...so now I get to see the Activate Windows icon at the bottom all the time...

Unbelievable, SMFH

Reaction score
I dont know how that's possible.

Even funnier, as a college student my University offered Windows 10 Education edition free to us, I install it and within a week it's telling me my key is invalid because there is another computer with the same key in use...so now I get to see the Activate Windows icon at the bottom all the time...

Unbelievable, SMFH
Within the free update period, I tried to update a Win10-Home to a Win10-Pro with a valid Win7-Pro key.
Microsoft has a procedure on their website for doing this.
It failed...called MS on the phone number on the failure notice... They insisted it couldn't be updated that way & that my PID was valid. Asked for a supervisor & read them their own procedure. They took control of my computer & they had no success. They issued a new PID & then it worked for them exactly as their website specified.

When the consumer is educating their customer support, there is a big problem.

Ask a Question