Sick and tired of not being able to not download Win 10

Reaction score
I have an older laptop that Windows itself says is not suitable for Win 10. It keeps trying to download it whenever I try to install Win 7 updates. I have uninstalled every update to Win 7 that is suppose to stop this, and made a change or 2 to the registry that I found, but nothing stops it from downloading when trying to update Window . I am right now going ahead with the updates of which the Win 10 is the first thing that downloads. If it installs and screws up my laptop can I sue Microsoft?? Kind of joking, but am sick and tired of fighting the download and maybe the install.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I've used this article and the GWX Control Panel shown in the article and then the Registry Key mentioned down further in the article mentioned in "Step 2"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\ Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
32-bit DWORD called DisableOSUpgrade on the right-hand side, and give it a value of 1.

The combination of the two has worked for me.
Might be worth giving it a try.
http://www.howtogeek.com/228551/how...-8-from-downloading-windows-10-automatically/

Ask a Question