Tired with windows search for desktop search - i want an alternative

Reaction score
After patient waiting for a Windows Search service which works
I want choose an alternative.
Are there services, which work with File Explorer?
If I install a alternative software, is it wise to disable the Windows Search service?

Thank you for advice
Erhy

Reaction score
Can you please expand on "After patient waiting for a Windows Search service which works"
Explorer search engine works great and it's fast. If you don't know the file name that your looking for, I doubt any third party software will find it any faster. Just my opinion!

Reaction score
Everything is God for me. Certainly finds things faster. I have it pinned to the taskbar and keep Cortana hidden.
Erhy. It is unwise to disable the search facility. Many items in Windows 10 are integrated and, for example, disabling it would also disable the Cortana function.
What I have done is totally emptied the index. This, in my opinion only, has considerably increased the speed of certain items, such as shutdown time.
But, I am not recommending it. It is my chosen operational way.

Reaction score
Can you please expand on "After patient waiting for a Windows Search service which works"
Explorer search engine works great and it's fast. If you don't know the file name that your looking for, I doubt any third party software will find it any faster. Just my opinion!
Windows Search on my machine doesn't find anything in the library pictures, also finding for kind:=picture fails.
I have all done, to repair Windows Search. Two weeks before I recreated the index.

Erhy

Reaction score

Now I solved the reason belonging problems in Windows Search.

Found this tip:

https://answers.microsoft.com/de-de...essageId=9992bb14-a2c9-488d-9800-90db437e8ba3

It is necessary, the folders to be indexed, must have security permission entries also of the user System, perhaps with Full Access.

Erhy

Reaction score
My Win 10 search for files takes me online. I have to type in the name of the file several times before it finds the file. Sometimes, I can find a file that I need if I type in "Files for [my first name].

Ask a Question