Windows couldn't connect to the printer

Reaction score
Hi,

I have problem connecting to shared printer when I click connect on that printer then I get an error:

Windows couldn’t connect to the printer. Check the printer’s name and try again.

When I click two times on this printer on network share then I get:

Operation code could not be completed (error 0x00000709)

I spend many times web browsing to find solution but none worked.

-I don't have update installed like KB5006670 or KB5007186

-my pc and sharing pc are updated to windows 21H2 (but the problem existed even earlier)

-I have tried connect to printer using netbios name or IP address - didn't help

-when I try adding this printer manually with local port as \\sharingPC\printername then I get access denied.

Reaction score
Is that a Wifi printer or one that is connected to a computer and is shared through that??
If the latter, one needs access to this computer and file and printer sharing has to be enabled. Its been a while
since I ran into a situation like that and I am not sure if my Info is 100% correct but its a start.

Reaction score
Also make sure these two items are correct.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 2.png
    2.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 67
Reaction score
Hey,
but my sharing setting are ok, I'm accessing all sharing on host computer, when I go to
\\sharingPC
then I have listed here printer, and shared documents folders.
So this is not problem with sharing settings.

Reaction score
And the host is also?
Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings

Reaction score
Yes, I said about hostPC, if the settings on the hostPC were wrong I wouldn't get on it.

Ask a Question