Windows Cumulitive Update KB5015807 Fails

Reaction score
This update contiaually fails . Other updates are OK (.Net Framwork) and feature updates. Some WEB comments seem to point to a printer issue and suggest uninstalling then update windos tyhen re-install the printer...not so sure about this.

Can anyone suggest a way to enable the update to be installed.

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Mine took an unusually long time to install - about twenty minutes. At one stage I thought it had stalled. Around 60% I think, but I could see the hd was still active.,
Anyway, if what you have read is correct (I have my doubts?) , maybe uninstalling the printer should be enough but try merely disconnecting it in the first instance

Reaction score
Thanks davehc,
Removing duplicate printer entry had no impact. Also read that turning off .Net Framework would work but no impact. I have noticed KB5105730 ( .Net Framework upgrade ) installs quickly but KB5015807 takes a long time. The error message today was 0x800F0922; I did turn off .Net Framework as this was one of the other suggested fixes but this out did not help all.

I have two versions of .Net Framework installed, not sure why as I would have assume Windows update would previously removed versions on .Net Frame work.

Windows support admits there is a problem with KB5015807. It is time they resolved the problem. Never before have I had problems with Windows updates which makes me think it is not my PC.

Unless there is a difinitive fix and Windows Support fix their stuff up I will have to put on hold Windows updates .

Reaction score
"Windows support admits there is a problem with KB5015807"
Exactly, so why release it as an update.

Reaction score
Many users have reported problems installing the latest updates going back to July. Many have found that they have had to disable Malwarebytes & turn off start with Windows, then restart the PC in order to complete installation while others have had to also uninstall NET framework 3.5 as well before installation completes.

Reaction score
I have had repeated failure of 21H2, ie. KB5015807 for many months! Checking with installed updates, allegedly it was correctly installed in 2021, and also failed on 8 additional attempts in 2022! Running the Troubleshooter was not successful several times!
I accessed this site and noted a reference to Windows 10 Update site, turned out to be https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. I bit the bullet and downloaded the update which identified my version as 20H1 before installing! With great intrepidation I proceeded to download and install the 22H2, and was rewarded with an updated 22H2 Windows 10 and intact applications! Kudos to the forum that mentioned the 22H2 Update site and the programmers that created the 22H2 update for solving the distressing problem that I had encountered!

Ask a Question