Can an old HP G62 run Windows 10?

Reaction score
Hello,
I have this old HP G62 that was on Windows 7 Ultimate. I recently upgraded it to Windows 8.1, and it's working fine.
Now, I want to upgrade to Windows 10, but I'm not sure if the computer can handle it.

Specs:
2nd Gen Intel Core i3 370M
6GB RAM
300GB 5400RPM HDD

Can it handle Windows 10? (I will play light games and do simple web browsing mostly.)

Reaction score
It probably can run Win10 but most definitely not properly run Win11, hardware limitations. I have an HP Pavilion g7 and an HP Envy 17 that can't run Win11 but just fine with Win10, both were given me as part of my help with the clients and after some rehab have some value.

Reaction score
I have an old HP Compaq laptop that had Windows XP on it at the time of purchase. I am running Windows 10 since it was released, however I can only run 1803 as the following builds do not support my video card anymore (AMD X1600). I only have 4GB RAM on an Intel Centrino Dual core with a ICH7 chipset.
I recommend upgrading your HDD to a SSD. You will definitely see the difference.

Reaction score
hp don't support win 10 on your machine with drivers.
you could try a upgrade with windows media creation tool if not satisfactory then you can revert back to win 8 64bit

Reaction score
hp don't support win 10 on your machine with drivers.
you could try a upgrade with windows media creation tool if not satisfactory then you can revert back to win 8 64bit
That is quite true, however Windows 10 has most drivers already included. The ones that are not included, can usually be found on the HP website (in my case it was the PCMCIA- adapter and the Smartcard controller and the bluetooth adapter). All drivers, respective the upgraded version, I have found through the HP forum:
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/ They have moved to this address, the old one is no longer valid

Reaction score
To add. With an i3 I wouldn't waste your time. It will run, but you will not get any extra benefits from it.

Ask a Question