SOLVED Windows Defender false threat on Windows 10

Reaction score
Windows Defender has found a false threat for exceutable file 'xxx.exe' on my computer and periodically removes this file when I try to use it. It claims in its "Threat Blocked" report that the file has 'Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml'. Most amazingly when I run a custom scan on this file it says "0 threats found", but it will still remove the file periodically when I try to use it even if this removal does not happen each time I use it. Obviously Windows Defender is wrong. How can I tell Windows Defender that 'xxx.exe' is not a threat so it will stop periodically removing it ? If not possible how can I just turn off Windows Defender checking for viruses for executable files completely ?

Reaction score
Hi eldiener,

open Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Manage settings > Add or remove exclusions and give it the path to the .exe file and add it!. :):):)

1608841339747.png

Reaction score
Sorry, I was just curious as I have been in that situation with a file named poweriso.exe (I knew it was not a virus as I have used that app for years)

Reaction score
Sorry, I was just curious as I have been in that situation with a file named poweriso.exe (I knew it was not a virus as I have used that app for years)
No problem. Wolfie had the solution which makes Windows Defender ignore what you want it to ignore.

Reaction score
Dear all,
I found all my files (words,excel, jpg, .exe, pdf...everything), turn with .nusm behind them (for example: Baby dungaree crochet very easy @Majovel crochet.mp4.nusm) and cannot be opened! Please anyone can help me with this problem??? Since all my files are very important...

I found some threats in my computer such as:
- Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml
- PWS:MSIL/RedLine.GG!MTB

Please, anyone can help me to recover all my files - I would be very thankful. I'm so desperate right now...

Thank you

Reaction score
Hi DD78,

have you run your anti virus app and which one are you using?. ;)

Ask a Question