SOLVED Windows Defender won't list Excluded files, File Locations, etc..etc

Reaction score
Hi,

I have selected certain file types / folders and locations in Windows Defender on Windows 10 that were added to the exclusions lists...

Previously I could go to Windows Defender and see what files, folders or extensions I had excluded but now they have disappeared....

All I see is the add buttons which work as intended when I want to add a folder etc etc....
But then they are not listed anywhere so that I can remember what I have excluded or not....

Can some one please help me so that they are visible again, is there a setting in the registry that needs to be fixed?

This is what I should see where, below the red arrows I should see the excluded files/folders including their path etc etc [see image below]

but I see nothing..

Yet if i go to the registry as indicated below...

File and file location exclusions are stored in the registry key below.

arrow.png
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Exclusions\Paths

File type exclusions are stored in the registry key below.

arrow.png
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Exclusions\Extensions

Processes exclusions are stored in the registry key below.

arrow.png
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Exclusions\Processes

they are all listed there....?

I have to say that windows defender is excluding folders/files and etc etc, that I have selected during its scans, but I cant see the excluded items in the Windows Defender as per image of my Exclusions section below...

Thanking you in advance for your support and assistance on this issue....

Cheers

Attachments

• windows defender exclusions.jpg
    windows defender exclusions.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 2,553
  • Windows_Defender_exclusions-3.jpg
    Windows_Defender_exclusions-3.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 2,766
Reaction score
**EDIT**
Fixed... deleting the "Path" key in the registry and then resetting the PC brings them back...

I would like to thank BRINK for his support

for sorting this out for me... genius....
001.png
001.png

cheers

Reaction score
Hi! I'm having the same issue and I can see the exclusions on regedit. I tried deleting PATH as you said as a fix but I couldn't delete it.
Any advise?

WinDef Path.png

Reaction score
Ahoi folks. If your exclusions don't show up, or if you can't delete the subfolders in the registry, than you need to take ownership of the following folder first
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Exclusions

Here's a guide on how to do that ...

NOTE: It's not necessary to delete the "Paths" subfolder to make your exclusions appear in WinDefender again. Just take ownership of the HKLM\.....\Windows Defender\Exclusions-folder (see above) and after that grant either full access to your username or read-access for everyone.

Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Ahoi folks. If your exclusions don't show up, or if you can't delete the subfolders in the registry, than you need to take ownership of the following folder first
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Exclusions

Here's a guide on how to do that ...

NOTE: It's not necessary to delete the "Paths" subfolder to make your exclusions appear in WinDefender again. Just take ownership of the HKLM\.....\Windows Defender\Exclusions-folder (see above) and after that grant either full access to your username or read-access for everyone.

Hope that helps.

Reaction score
Thanks!
Granting read access to "Paths", "Processes" and other subfolders in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Exclusions works.

Reaction score
**EDIT**
Fixed... deleting the "Path" key in the registry and then resetting the PC brings them back...

I would like to thank BRINK for his support

for sorting this out for me... genius....
001.png
001.png

cheers
Hi. Interupting this ixed up thread.;)
Better you go to Brinks Forum site (in your links), and thanj him there! Yes, he is a genius with his tutorials.

Ask a Question