SOLVED Windows Key and Search Window No Longer Work

Reaction score
On the lower left, the Windows Key ONLY WORKS when I right click it. Then it shows a simple black on white popup. Left click doesn't work on it. Pushing the Windows Key doesn't work on it. Immediately to the right of the Windows Key icon is the Search Window into which NOTHING CAN BE TYPED. I now see in the Windows simple popup menu "Powershell" and "Powershell Admin." I have never seen these before. Lastly, my customized picture in a circle has disappeared. I think these things are all related.

Reaction score
After 90 minutes, I somehow found a little settings window that said USER PROFILES. There were 3 of them. "Default" was 90 kb. "Unnamed" was dated 3 days ago and was 35 mb. The third one had my name listed in ALL CAPS. It was at many, many gB. The "default" was selected. I changed it to the 3rd one that had my name in ALL CAPS. After rebooting, everything but my sign-in picture is back as it should be. THAT I know how to fix easily. Thanks for the help. Am I allowed to shoot my computer? Or is that not permitted?

Ask a Question