windows livemail will not accept new password

Reaction score
My Windows 10 Livemail account has been disabled by ISP - madasafish/Plusnet due to being accessed from four different countries - - hacking discovered on routine maintenance. Have had this email for years never a problem and never have to input a password as pops up on auto. For security - password has been changed but Livemail still won't accept it...PlusNet have done all they have the expertise to do and can't help me - say it must be a problem with livemail and suggest I find somebody who does have the expertise. Didn't have a problem till they disabled it ! although had been getting loads of emails saying 'mail delivery failed -returning to sender' - sometimes up to 40 a day which I just deleted. So I guess it was to protect me............
Is anybody familiar with this password problem or is the solution to uninstall Livemail and reinstall new version - reluctant to make matters worse!
Any advice appreciated

Reaction score
I believe the notice you received, "due to being accessed from four different countries", was a hoax. Several of my peers, and myself, received the same notice, regardless of your ISP or Email client.

I was asked to help out. In one case only, a key logger was discovered. The "victim" had not, luckily, followed the instruction. Had he done so, his password would , only then, have been compromised.

Last edited:

Ask a Question